Téléphoner à un ami ou faire un appel d’ordre professionnel en anglais peut être déstabilisant. Voici une liste non exhaustive de phrase à dire lors d’une conversation téléphonique avec un(e) anglophone.
Vous pouvez télécharger gratuitement la ressource en cliquant ici : Télécharger
Answering the phone
1. Name of the company, your name speaking. How can I help you?
2. Name speaking. How can I help you?
Introducing yourself as the caller
1. Good morning / Good Evening /… . This is Name calling from Name of the company.
2. Hello, I’m Name, could I speak with Name?
3. Hello, I’m Name, may I speak with Name.
4. Hello, I’m Name, I’m calling about…. .
Asking for someone / Transferring a call
1. Can I speak to Name?
2. May I speak to Name, (Function)?
3. Yes, she/he is right there. I’ll put you through.
4. I’m sorry, there’s nobody here by that name.
Checking if the person is free to talk
1. Do you have a few moments?
2. Is it a good time to talk?
1. Sorry, can I call you back?
2. Can we postpone to tomorrow? I’m very busy at the moment.
3. Sorry, she/he is not available at the moment. Would you like to leave message?
4. Sorry, she/he is not available at the moment. Can I take a message?
5. Could you give me your phone number please so I can call you back?
6. Let me read that back to you. 06…….
While on the phone
Asking who’s talking
1. May I ask who’s calling?
Asking to wait
1. Please hold the line.
2. One moment please.
3. I’ll be with you in a moment.
4. Please call me back at …. .
5. I’ll call you back later /tomorrow
6. I’ll call you back as soon as I have more information.
Difficulties to hear the person
1. I can barely hear you. What did you say?
2. I didn’t catch what you say.
3. You’re breaking up. Could you call me back?
4. We have a bad connection.
5. Could you say that again?
6. We were cut off.
7. Hello, it’s me again, we got cut off.
Clarifying as a listener
1. So, you mean that…
2. So, just to summarise, we agree to…
3. So, to put it simply,…
Returning a call
1. Hi again, this is Name returning your call.
2. Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
Asking additional questions before ending the conversation
1. While I have you on the line, I have a question about…
2. Oh, just one thing I wanted to ask you…
3. So, is there anything else you would like to talk about?
Ending the conversation
1. I will keep you updated on our progress / your request.
2. I will follow up with the requested information soon.
3. I think I have everything I need, thank you!
4. Well it was nice talking with you. Thank you for your help.
5. Thank you, have a nice day.
MH Education est une école de langue qui propose des cours collectifs, des cours particuliers et des cours de formation professionnelle sur mesure afin de cibler les attentes de chaque individu et leur permettre de progresser à leur rythme dans le domaine souhaité.
Notre mission principale est de fournir des cours de haute qualité à toute personne désirant améliorer leurs compétences en anglais et en français.
Pour plus d’information sur nos différences services, consultez nos pages :